--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Time Keeps on Turning, Turning Into the Future

Why is it that as we age, time passes increasingly fast.. like warp speed after the age of 50. I'm reminded of the bubble gum song from the 60's.. 'Slow down, you're movin too fast. Got to make the moments last. Life I love ya, all is groooovy'' Seems like just last week we were taking the big holiday wreath off the wall & putting it in the attic.. now we have to drag it back down again. Wait a sec, that WAS last week. But the thing is huge & we were in no hurry to take it down.

And so Halloween melds into Christmas. On Valentines Day, we try to recall what we did for New Years Eve.. or did that one slip by us? Society doesn't help us, with department stores stocking the shelves with Christmas gear alongside their 'back-to-school' fare. It all just runs together after awhile. And egads, the nonstop holiday music plants homicidal thoughts in our heads by Dec 24th.

Even so, I do love this season of giving (& getting.) I think Santa is still receiving "gimmee" lists for the 2008 season. So I'm submitting mine.
1) The winning presidential ticket of Hillary & Teresa. McCain for Sec of State.(in case those zany girls need a little fatherly balance)
2) A 55' Morgan sailboat. It's time to initiate my floating hospice concept. Includes the obligatory tan, free t-shirt & burial at sea. I'm calling her 'Into The Sunset'.
3) Retreat cabins in Blue Ridge, Sedona, Key West & Playa Del Car.
4) The Audi TT I've been ogling.
5) Mega Money Lottery, when it's at it's highest.
6) And I'd like my country back, please.

p.s., I will forego #2-5 for 1 & 6.
Comments:
Ha, ha I LOVE your list!

But, if numbers 1 and 6 don't work out, you can either use your car (or your boat) to get away...far away. Either to your new retreat spots, or to Canada. :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?