--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, December 10, 2004

Cinema

I've got to quit watching documentaries. They're tearing my heart out.

Today's feature was 'Stevie', the life path of a child born to a mom who didn't know his dad was married; who forever after was a child punished for that fact. She abandons him to his step-grandmother, & then proceeds to play yo-yo mom when it serves her best. In mom's home (when he is present), he is the whipping boy. His little sister is the princess on the pedestal, & even sis is left with 'worship' guilt.
He starts acting out with anger, drugs, sexual abuse. He is given over to the system which fails him utterly.
The course of the film takes you along for the ride, from Christianity conversion, to the gates of hell that is prison.

I can't say, 'Watch this movie, because it is wonderful.' But I can say, 'Watch this film and see what we as a society have created'.

I think next week my bleeding heart will be ready for a light romantic comedy.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?