--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, December 27, 2004

Coming Down..

And so begins the tenuous attempts at lowering one's shoulders, of taking some deep slow breaths, of throwing out the sale ads without perusing the 'last-minute' gift ideas. And it feels g-o-o-d.
I am putting away the 50-some Christmas cd's. I am silencing 'Silent Night'. Oh Go all ye Faithful, into the nether regions of the music holder. Norah Jones, bring some good old R&B into my airwaves.

I have worked all of the holidays, and so the memories of this particular year will be rather scant. With the exception of the grand daughter born on our birthday, of course. Dan & I have promised each other that next year we will book a cruise for the holiday week! Fun in the Sun.. far away from the maddening workaday world.

Our social calendars are still much too full.. & I have to remind myself to 'be in the moment'. Stop, smell the mocha, pet the cats, taste the food.. don't just inhale it. Try not to measure my days in hours left before going to work. Try not to count the days in the week, by uniforms hanging in the closet. Or count the weeks by paydays left in the month. I am here on this earth at this particular time for reason & purpose. I must try to remember just what for & why.

Next week we will return Dan's mom to the sea. We will entertain family from 2 coasts. We will host a 12th Night Dinner. We will celebrate a New Year! And even that celebration carries it's baggage of 'resolutions'.. egads.

But for this moment.. for this time in my day.. I will gaze out at the puffy white clouds on the horizon & I will guess if they look more like elephants or angels. And I'm suspecting the latter..
Peace upon your day.
And prayers for the precious souls lost in Indonesia; our concerns are so small in comparison.
Comments:
Ahhh, a little Monday morning "perspective"...THANK YOU for this beautiful piece of thought and writing.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?