--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, January 23, 2005

Beginnings

As we speak, some old dead trees are coming down in the backyard. As the cutters remove the branches, they hit the earth with a tremendous 'thud'.. the earth shakes. It is a re-awakening of sorts. I imagine that the 'live' trees surrounding these 2 dearly departed are saying, 'Hey, I'd better shape up.. this could be my future..'
And I am reminded that we sometimes have to clear out the dross, the dead.. to make room for new life, new promise.
Where the trees stood, the sunshine will have new access. I can plant palms, crepe myrtles, fruit trees. New life for the sacrifice of the old.
Just as in human form, we 'make way' for the newer generations. Our voices become more faint as our progeny steps up to the collective plates. This is how it should be.
Just a typical Sunday here in the sunshine state.. another sh*tty day in Paradise.
And all is well.
Comments:
I've recently picked up the Tao again; your blog reminds me of it. There's always a balance.

Beautifully written!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?