--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Limbo

Yesterday my computer malfunctioned & was offline all day. Big deal, right?
Then why did I have this niggling feeling that great things were happening behind that blank screen, & I wasn't party to it?!
All day long I anxiously pressed the keys that would in return pop up the 'error' message.. locked out of my own messages!
I watched a movie.. I paused said movie & rebooted the machine.. fruitless.
I wondered if family & friends would grow concerned about my absence in their email box.. might jump to the conclusion that I'd been raped & pillaged in the night (while my husband was gone on his business trip).
It wouldn't be long until my phone would be ringing off the hook with frantic calls from those worried & concerned souls. (I did get 2 telemarketers & a call from Angi.)
It's strange how the daily habits of plunking on the keyboard can make one obsessive/compulsive when taken away from that venue.
While I get dressed for work, I know I have a 15 minute span between the time I place hot rollers in my hair, until I have to put on make-up. So I use that time to write a final email to folks. What to do w/ that freaking 15 minutes??
I resorted to eating.
So there you have it, if not for the internet, I would be a 300# nail-biting worrywart. Thank god Dan came in early last evening & flipped the magic switch that opened the portals of this ether-world. I can now bliss out on my fix of 'net.
Whew..
Comments:
Too funny, and ALL too true. I can't even remember what life was like without my email addiction.

"Frantic" is the best word you could have ever used to describe what happens when a computer is down. Like moving the mouse a lot and clicking randomly while slapping the keyboard and sweating with stress is going to solve the problem! Sheesh. :)

Anyway, glad you're back online!!

.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?