--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Movie Blurb

Just a short recommendation for an obscure film 'The Secret Lives of Dentists'. It's a surreal take on the complexities of marriage. A 10 yr marriage between 2 dentists with 3 kids, that reaches a breaking point when one 'strays'. The impasse & decision making that goes into 'Do we stay or do we go now?' Some of the lines are haunting.. 'If I ask her questions, it takes us to a whole other place where I'm afraid to go. It changes things'. Ahhh fear.
Denis Leary plays an alter-ego who'll crack you up.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

I also saw 'Phantom of the Opera' on the big screen last evening. And those tunes will be swimming in my head for days on end. It was a little draggy during the obligatory swordfighting.. but I suppose they had to put some testosteroni stuff in there, for their male audience too. The costumes were fabulous!
"Close your eyes, Let the music set you free, Only then will you belong to me.." See? It's in my head..
Comments:
Crikey! More movies for my list!

thanks for the reviews! :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?