--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, January 03, 2005

On Being Healthy

It's that time of year again.. 1st Monday of the new one, so therefore one must face their mortality, look deeply into the mirrors of who we really are, assess the damage done by the preceding year, & then exclaim, 'Oh Dear God!'
Where to begin.. what to do.. which book to buy.. which foods to shun.. & which diet is the current chic one.

Well pooh on that. I have no less than a dozen books on my shelves, including Atkins, Pritkin, Sommers, South Beach, Endocrine, Blood Type, Sugar Addict, Makers, ad infinitum. They all sound like 'sure things' & they all suck.
Everything will work for the 1st week.. even the bingeing on a single food fad. We lose that 1st 5-10 lbs & we start planning the new wardrobe.
Well hold up there pardnah.. it's the end of the trail.
Comes the week-end & you rediscover the joys of fast foods, restaurants, or dealing with a spouse who cooks. End of weight loss.

I have gone to the store, after selecting 'Low Fat' as my dreaded diet of choice. I have surrounded myself with raw veggies, bland soups, tasteless chips, fudgebars that are reminescent of frozen styrofoam (sure, you've had that before!)
I will lose the obligatory 5-10 lbs. I will rejoice that the waist of my pants is no longer cutting off my circulation. And then I will succumb to the creamy sauces & French specialties that will befall me at the 12th Night dinner this week-end.

I have looked my mortality in the eye, and she is pleasingly plump.
Comments:
Well, you have summed up my thoughts and life and waist line!! I'm off to the gym today to push those other fat ass resolutioners out of my way, ha! After I eat my tuna salad w/ fat free mayo on low fat whole wheat bread and fat free yogurt, I can't wait.. hmmm
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?