--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, February 21, 2005

Balmy February

Wow.. what's better than laying out in the sun on a 78 degree day, gentle breeze, good book, lazy nap, serenaded by birds, entertained by squirrels on one side & kitties on the other. I am blessed.

Since I've started working the night shift, things seemed to have 'shifted' for the better. I don't wake up with the 'clutch' in my stomach, or go to bed wondering what all I've missed. I find myself very task-oriented these days, & working these hours have afforded me the time to complete the tasks. Again, I am blessed.

Dan & I have had more quality time since the switch-over, & that has been great. We're working on the plans for the backyard make-over, & it's going to be grand. You're all invited to the unveiling & Lawn Party when it's finished! We'll have a dining gazebo on the south side, which steps down to the cooking area (grill & smoker)on one side. On the other, it will step across to the hot tub. He even plans on putting a little shower out there. Across the deck will be a couple of anirondike chairs, for contemplating the sunset. Then to the north of that area will be the 10X18 oval koi pond w/ built in bench seating for contemplating the fishies. At the far north end of it will be the rock fountain.. nothing says peace like a burbling waterfall. The deck will wrap around the entire back of the house. We'll have everything stained an aging shade of gray, to match the house. Lots of offset lighting, etc..
Inside the lanai on the south end will be our tiki bar, complete w/ bamboo & palm frond accents. On the south end, will be a hammock w/ bamboo shading behind it. So inviting for reading the latest trashy beach novel..

So do plan to come see us when it's done. We're looking at the end of summer for completion. Your Bahama Mama's will be waiting..
Comments:
Good living...I think you've just described heaven!

Amazing!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?