--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, May 16, 2005

CAT-CHOO!!

Well, who woulda thunk it.. I'm allergic to my cats. Fine time to find out, now that I'm 4 yrs into the relationship.. & totally commited. How could I look into Buddy's fathomless azure eyes & say, 'It's been nice ole blue eyes, now take a hike.'
Or brush thru Tigger's wanton mane & tell him, 'You'll like living with 6 kids, I swear..'
Or feel Puki's light taps on my butt (because it's his signal to go outdoors), only to say to him, 'I truly don't think they sell you to Chinese restaurants..'
And now that I have Tabitha eating snacks out of my hand (after 4 yrs! of being a 1/2 cat).. let her know that 'It's back to the Big House for you, sweetheart'.

No, there are no such options when you love your companions. You don't get to send your children back, & you shouldn't be sending your pets back.
I had noticed some random wheezing this past yr, but it came & went. However, with the leaving of my job, & being with the cats 24/7 I went into a fullblown attack, non-stop productive coughing, wheezing, congestion, the whole nine yards. Not relieved by any allergy meds, or over-the-counter cures. And goodness, can't even go to the doc for help since we have no insurance now. But I'm thinking it's probably a life lesson, & I'll develop some immunity as time goes by.
Needless to say, it has me vacuuming more, & washing my hands more after playing with them. This too shall pass.
In the meantime, I carry a box of kleenex & make sounds like a barge moving thru a narrow canal.
And did I tell you that cats are the only animals known to eat their 'people' after they've died? Lovely.. the things we do for those we choose to love.
Comments:
Guess the phrase "LOVE HURTS" has taken on a whole new meaning, huh?

Gazunheit!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?