--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Help! I'm covered w/ Dust Bunnies!

There is nothing quite so therapeutic as cleaning out a closet. One look at the floor to ceiling madness & you are hard pressed to even attempt such a venture. But I knew it was going to befall me sooner or later, because we are trying to 'weed out' the extraneous before we put the old homestead on the market. Normally, I'd be throwing everything inTO the closet (when company comes, etc) However, now people will be wantonly throwing open those hallowed doors & looking for that nebulous quality called 'space'. I have to give the illusion that there is such an animal in my home.
Therefore, I persevered & tackled the dragon.. ok, dust bunnies.. but like Jimmy Carter's adventure, they had TEETH and they ATTACKED!
After the hernia-producing box moving, it was rather fun getting into the rhythm of treasure hunting. Discovering love letters not seen in 4 yrs, pictures of family not seen in decades, and baubles & bangles that I once thought I couldn't live without. This is where the therapy comes in; you know what? You can live quite well without 90% of it. So I went about seeing what my grandkids might want, what might sell in a 'moving sale', & what-the-heck-was-I-ever-saving-this-for??
Ahh, the incredible lightness of being when one can 86 a lot of crap. Material & emotional.
My closet is immaculate. My living room, unfortunately now has a dozen fully-packed boxes, to be hauled to the garage.. until we can haul it to a storage unit.. until we can haul it to a new home. Now what was that I said about traveling 'light'?
Oh well, I have a helluva clean closet!
Comments:
Ha, the closet cleaning sounds so metaphoric as well!

Sounds like you were quite busy this morning. Hope it all turned out okay. I think you deserve another martini for your efforts! :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?