--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, May 09, 2005

Monday, Monday

Used to be, Mondays would depress me.. hell, everyday depressed me, because I either woke up dreading work, or went to bed contemplating the sadness of my work. But today is Day 3 on the 'freedom train' & we're all still Rocky Mt High!
I'm doing the laundry while whistling a happy tune. I've lost 3# in 2 days & I think most of it was just the wt of negativity. I am soooo enjoying this flight!

I watched the Russian Prez on 60 Minutes last night & was filled w/ joy that some nations actually have a LEADER at the forefront.. & incredibly jealous.. because we have a monkey-man at the helm. Someone save us! Adopt our country as your 'cause'.. puh-leeze.

Local news.. we have a 3rd term representative. GOP Donna Clarke in the state legislature here in Flor-i-duh. Get this.. after all her lacksadaisical time swatting mosquitoes in the State House, she has managed to pass one bill w/ her name on it. We now have a law that says the 'orange' is the official fruit of FL. Boy! Do I feel safer & saner, now that I know that hot potato got passed into law!! Takes me back to the old childhood joke; 'Orange you glad I didn't say Banana?' And I'm certain that Ms Clark is more than happy that she didn't indeed, say banana. Bring out the Second Coming type for the newspapers.. ORANGES ARE THE STATE FRUIT! PRAISE THE LORD!

I had to laugh at the Runaway Bride (GA) confession; 'We lived together for 18 months & never had sex, and I knew it wasn't going to get any better.. so I ran away' hahahaha.. RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY!
Maybe she will be comforted by the fact that this is Nat'l Masturbation Week/Month/Year (thanks for that breaking news, Debra). You don't need no stinkin' groom, little woman. Some 'C' cell batteries will see you thru. And you won't be in counseling for the rest of your life because of it. Granted, there aren't many friends who buy you a wedding gift when you purchase your 1st vibrator.. but your true homies will at least throw in some nice oils & a candle or 2.
I can't believe this runaway-bride story has captured nat'l/internat'l news couriers everywhere.. while our soldiers are dying NEEDLESSLY everyday. But go figure the hearts & minds of a far right wingnut country; they're so easily bored. Yesterdays corpses are just a blip on their radar screen. On to the next great salicious scandal.

Or to internet news.. what the heck is the thrill of SHOOTING an animal via your computer?? Some lame farmer in Texas has a 30-06 rifle set up, & for $14.95 a mo, you too can aim it via the internet & kill a hapless deer (or whatever poor animal ambles across the pastureland)! He says he created it for quadriplegics who no longer have the thrill of killing something. Well, you know what? They no longer have the thrill of intercourse either, but no one seems to think they should impale some unsuspecting girl via the internet, for those missed pleasures. This is just a poor excuse for allowing unlimited 'killing' & feeling no remorse, because it's so distant. Rather like current video games where one can maim, disembowel, kill, slaughter, dismember.. all in the name of good clean fun! Cause it aint real is it?! The damage it's doing to your psyche is VERY real.. the hardening of your spirit & mind is VERY real. We even teach our soldiers to kill via video-games. Makes it a piece of cake when they hit the streets of Iraq.. or does it? We'll find out more as the yrs pass. When minds & emotions are forever haunted. I watched it happen to my own generation thru VietNam. You will see it in yours thru the Gulf Wars.. lives & families forever changed.

Oh my, I seem to have gotten off my cheery subjects. But that's okay.. at least I'm not ironing uniforms!
Have a happy Monday, y'all.
Comments:
Ohhhh, it's SO nice to have you writing again! Brilliant entry!

Sounds like your representative is a waste of taxpayer money. Ironic that she's a GOP member; aren't they against wasted tax dollars?

The Runaway Bride should have kept going and never looked back. Better to be alone than in bad company.

America is dumb. We prefer the superficial gloss to the deep and disturbing. Because, once we acknowledge the deep, we acknowledge flaws in our nation. Far too many aren't ready for that. Better to focus on the bride than on the giant mistake that was/is Iraq.

Desensitizing the nation (or, rather, the males of this nation) is nothing short of frightening. Indeed, what *is* in store for the next generation?

CONGRATS, again, on the freedom!!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?