--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, May 23, 2005

Monday's Prose & Woes

There are some excellent reporting groups out there, like BuzzFlash, Truthout, etc. Today I read a column that made my 'irked' level accelerate to new levels of pissedoffness. I love coining a new word now & again..
Checkout www.truthout.rg/docs_2005/052305Y.shtml An article by Steve Weissman (& a wiseman he is).. on the futures of Neo Cons & Theo Cons. And how the freaking 'cons' are conning us out of our futures.

So to counter balance my anger pool, I had to go back & reread some Bushisms. To think that this complete moron has the world in a testicle vice grip, just blows my mind. And that dark comedy fills the rest of the cesspool w/ some much needed levity.
In case you've forgotten some of his classic one-liners (meant to be taken in complete seriousness), I'll replay a few:

"Iran is not Iraq!" This was probably a prompt sent to him from Conde Rice & he accidentally repeated it aloud.

"Too many good OB/GYN's aren't able to practice their love with women all across the country." Ah, I beg to differ. I've worked w/ a lot of OB/GYN's who are doing just that, while their clients are up in stirrups, no less. Practice, practice, practice..

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." Until those damnable fish pick up an AK47 & blow us all away, I guess.

"Reading is the basics for all learning." Hooked on phonics are we? You is the basics for all this world hatred toward us.

"There ought to be limits to freedom!" And we sure know you put the kabosh on any future freedoms. You are the limit, Dubyah.

"Anyone who doesn't think I'm smart enough to handle the job is underestimating." Whoever thought you had the IQ of your shoe size, was overestimating.

"Rarely is the question asked: 'is our children learning?" I would leap to the thought 'no, they is not'. But you're right, rarely are that asked.

"A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier." Well, that explains everything. Real easy for you now, huh Bubba?

"I'm honored to shake the hand of a brave Iraqi who had his hand cut off by Saddam Hussein." Would that be like playing an air-guitar??

"I think we agree, the past is over." C'mon now Georgie, is it really over, or is it over there? Or over there? You can't fool me!

"The illiteracy level of our children are appalling." That just goes back to that rarely asked question. Maybe we should ask it more often. Or maybe you should just take up reading.

"The woman who knew that I had dyslexia- I never interviewed her." Whoops, the cat's out of the bag. Not only about your dyslexia, but your tremendous lack of knowledge on any damn thing is totally evident, everytime you open your piehole.

"It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it." You sure that's not Halliburton's bill, that you're passing on to the taxpayer? It's got a lot of numbers on it too, Einstein.

"A tax cut is really one of the anecdotes to coming out of an economic illness." We could use an anecdote about now, a good joke is hard to find in this economic morass. But I think you're a little late w/ the 'illness' thought. i think condolences are in order.. that dog done died.

"This foreign policy stuff is a little frustrating." I'll bet it is. That's a mighty big word for a pea brain like you, little man. So you probably did the right thing in alienating the world against us. At least they no longer have to pretend to listen to your 5 yr old mini-mind pontification. Can you say that word? Do I need to break it down to baby syllables?

"I'm a patient man. And when I say I'm a patient man, I mean I'm a patient man." Are you suuurrre that's what you mean? I think you're wife is a patient women; she believes in brain-death reversals.

"Poor people aren't necessarily killers. Just because you happen to not be rich doesn't mean you're willing to kill." Oops.. that eliminates all your soldiers there, good buddy. I don't think there's a rich one in the bunch. Watch out for those live grenades Shrubster.. I'm not feeling the 'love' growing for you these days.
Comments:
Oh Lord, I felt like crying while reading the Bushisms, but laughed ALOUD at your commentary to each!!

Thank you for the comic relief! Thank you!

These are awesome.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?