--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Sunday Morning Comin' Down

I don't even recall the band that made that song famous, but I always liked the title. So I'll borrow it..

I haven't picked up the paper yet, so I have no idea what atrocites are in the offing today. Which magazine is being blamed for the latest prisoner abuses.. what sacrificially camoflaged lamb is being sent up to cover up the sins of the Misleader, you know.. the typical crow we're forced to watch others choke down while the FatCats dine at the pig trough.

I did see a little of Laura Bush's insane trip & the travesty it is creating. What was Georgie thinking?? That he could send over his 'expendable' wifie-poo, let her take the heat for him, maybe even catch a bullet meant for him.. & look what he'd gain! Worldwide sympathy, a reheating of the American anger-at-the-world, & perchance a new hot tamale in his bed that won't drolly slam him on nat'l TV as 'Mr Excitement', while she bemoans her fate as a 'Desperate Housewife'.
Win, win, win..win, sorta.
It makes about as much sense as his pre-emptive strike policy.

I also thought it strange that she would be over in the world's oldest civilization arena, proporting the values of her ideas of women's rights. I'm sorry sister, but you have to lay a foundation of Human Rights, before you can start pushing for a single sector of a group's rights. We have to learn to respect & understand the individual, & then the group. It's not a choice of 'Love you.. will tolerate you (as long as you do what I say).. don't care for you much.. don't like the clothes you wear.. downright Hate you!.. and haven't even considerd how I feel about you..'
No, it's a case for "Namaste".. I recognize the common god in both of us.

I think Hafiz, the Persian poet said it best.
"If God invited you to a party
And said, 'Everyone in the ballroom
Will be my special Guest',
How would you treat them when you arrive?
Indeed, indeed.."
Comments:
Crickey! I hadn't even thought of that...what if George *was* hoping for Laura to be "expended"!

Hmmmmmm.

If we do get to the stage where Human Rights are accepted in the Middle East, I do hope that women are a part of them. Far too often, they are "property" and not humans...so, let's pray that when a blanket equality hits, women get to clock themselves in the comfort and warmth as well.

Hope does spring eternal.

Again, lovely blog Sande! So glad you're back to writing!
 
I was afraid that my comment would sound as if I didn't care about women's rights (but you know me better than that). It's just that Law-ruh's ideas are all about the right to wear make-up & a new hair-do, you know?
And as for Dubyah, he's all about 'collateral damage' & such.. 'Gonna miss ya babe, wish I'd asked ya where ya stashed the good stuff..'
 
Oh gawd, I TOTALLY know you well enough to know where you were coming from on your comments!!

Mine was a generic (and somewhat off-topic) response to the classic "persecution against men is a human rights issue, persecution against women is culture" school-of-thinking...which far too many Americans have when it comes to the Middle East. If progress is to be made there, I just hope and pray that it includes everyone. After all, we "liberated" Afghanistan from the Taliban, but women there are still stoned to death...and we turn a blind eye because it's their cultural right to do so. It's not a human rights issue. If they were stoning men, we'd be up in arms.

I'm sitting at a cafe right now, "studying" (ha, as you can tell) with my friend. I had to share your take on Dubya sending Law-ruh over with her...hehhehehe, collateral damage.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?