--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Thursday's Child Has Far to Go..

Welcome to Thursday, the Sagittarian's favorite day of the week. I don't know why.. it's just written somewhere, so that makes it so. I always liked it best because it was unpretentious. No promises of mad fun, like Fri/Sat/Sun. No burdensome workadays like Mon/Tues.. or the fey hope of a 'hump' on Wednesday. Thursday stands alone as a do-what-you-feel-like day.
I chose to walk my 3 miles this morning.. handled some corespondence.. then opted to read some Randy Wayne White in the backyard. But after 15 minutes there, I've come back indoors again. To put it mildly, I felt like a bit of a voyeur.. yep, squirrels 'do' it, birds 'do' it, even squirmy little geckos 'do' it. And I felt like I was cramping their style, or they were grossing me out.. take your pick. Isn't that why they make bushes & trees? Take it to the wildlife motel, buster!

Now indoors, out my window I see the incongrous sight of 4 ducks waddling right down the middle of the road. Do they plan on paddling the drainage canals, or do they have a pool in mind? Whatever, I don't want to watch too long, lest they decide this the perfect spot for a bit of duckling-making. And if you've ever seen ducks procreating, it's not a pretty sight! In human terms it would be called gang-banging. The poor female barely escapes drowning while the males grab her neck & wale away, one right after the other. This knowledge comes from living in an apt w/ duck ponds..

Sad facts for today; Cheney gets away w/ mayhem in not having to name names (aka Kenny-boy) in his energy meetings/ Federov got the boot on American Idol/ and tonite is the finale of The Apprentice. (Hate the Donald, love the show)
Happy facts for today; I'm still soaring w/ the freedom of my unemployed state/I have made plans for an Artwalk Downtown, Reggae on the Bay, & Evening on the Ca D' Zan Terrace/ and I am loved.
Nothing could be finer.. (unless it's a cabin in Caroliner?)
Comments:
Ha, ha, it's like WildKingdom in your yard! Well, WildKingdom meets LoveConnection, anyway.

You're right. You've got freedom, and you've got love...ain't life grand?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?