--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, June 17, 2005

"All things work together for good.."

That's the beginning of a scripture I had to memorize as a child.. & one of the few that still work for me. No condemnation or guilt ride in that one. And it's come to the fore this week, as Dan & I have been working thru the details of moving to TN.
We're waiting for the magical trifecta.. the house here selling, the house there accepting an offer, & the job for Dan. And when we're feeling particularly torn or anxious.. this scripture has come to mind.
We wondered why the 1st house we chose there, did not work out for us. But as it turns out, it gave us a whole new perspective on what we truly DID want. We were too willing to take 'anything..' in the beginning.
We wondered why the house here got a slow start on the market, knowing that most homes have sold the same day they are listed. But then I realized that it wouldn't do to have just 'anyone' buy the place. I went thru the rooms blessing them, thanking them for welcoming me w/ open arms 4+ years ago, and praying that the next people who occupy her will be just as happy & blessed. This felt like a great 'let-go' to me. To release an abode w/ love & hope.
We wondered why the original job in Knoxville didn't carry out as we thought it should. Seemingly, it just went into ether space. But now we see another opportunity for employment in a little town not 15 min away! And to that we also say, 'If not this, then something better..'
We are learning not to limit the Universe by putting all the 'gimmee this/ gimmee that/ gotta have' bargaining tools into the mix. We can have desire w/o expectation. We can tell God what we'd love.. knowing She may agree, or have something entirely different & more gratifying in mind, if we are just open to receive. That's the key.. being open to receive whatever a benevolent Universe would bestow on us.
Sometimes the most fervent prayer is the simple word.. 'Whatever..'
Comments:
I love this entry, Sande! I have found this to be very true. Each time I am "disappointed", something better inevitably presents itself. The variable, "When one door closes, another gate opens" if you will.

Best of luck on the trifeca. I KNOW it's going to happen...for the best!
 
How wonderful...
how often I forget releasing expectations brings the most wonderful of things - not that we have expectations, ha!, but we know the loving Universe will take care of us always...
 
I'm stopping in again hope you don't mind. Your words are very grounding for me today when my world is full of excitment.I gave my life over to powers beyound my comprehenion and have truly been blessed. Thank you for reminding to give it back and rememebering where all these blessings came from.
Good luck in finding the things that are waiting for you.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?