--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

And the cinematography award goes to..

I'm watching a movie recommended to me by an ex-in-law. (How lovely to have friendships with folks who don't divide up family like spoils, after a divorce!)
The film came out in '97, called 'The Education of Little Tree'. The story of an 8 yr old part Cherokee orphan who goes to live with his paternal grandparents in southeast TN, during the great depression.
The storyline isn't all that, & the acting is on the par with a high school play at best.. but the eye candy! The beautiful Smoky Mts in all their glory, at all seasons of the year, in their pristine state.. wow.
So if you want to see where I'm moving, & probably 'why'.. rent the flick. James Cromwell plays the grandpa, & of course Graham Greene, the token native-american of every movie that called for one, is in it.

How wonderful to see clean, clear skies.. knowing that they are soon to be no more. Not with the fox guarding the henhouse. i.e, the EPA director.. aka 'big biz guru' that is selling the country down the global warming tubes, by convincing the White House that there's nothing serious happening with those old car emissions. Just more junk science.. now get in your Humvee & 4 wheel it up the sides of those mts.
Cut down the trees & put up a parking lot..
Comments:
Mountains and skies...the only things I miss about Tucson.

Your new home sounds wonderful. Can't wait to come over for a SpiritWorks workshop.

Yeah, did you read the article today stating white house officials edited reports in order to downplay links between greenhouse gases and global warming. Ha, imagine if Clinton's administration had tampered with documents.....
 
Right up there w/ Bushit & Blair lying thru their teeth saying the Down St document never happened. 'No, I can't see it, can you see it Bubba? Then it must not be there. Gotta be that damned liberal media spreading lies again'.
We are living thru the darkest comedy known to man.
 
If it's a comedy...how come I'm not laughing?? :)

Let's hope we get a liberal back in power. Or, at the very least, a centrist.
 
"Yahtahey"... (means hello in Navajo..and thats all I know...lol)

I agree..I saw the movie 'The Education of Little Tree'...and I thought it was a very good movie...I love the Great Smoky Mts but..I am from NC...and don't get me started on Bushit...I found the "Dream for President Bush"..and did that for my today post...I like it.

Op~
 
Op, I just commented to you on your blog.. all I can say is 'wow'.. what a wonderful poem!
Don't ever stop writing the truth.
 
sandegaye..as much as I'd love to take credit for that poem..I can't..sorry but I didn't write that...don't really know who did...but as you..I loved it...thanks anyway.

Y'all come now..ya hear...
OP~
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?