--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, June 27, 2005

Monday's Muse

Sorry to be away so long.. but we had a happy week w/ Angi, Loren & the kids here. Discovered a little more of FL by going to Kennedy Space Center. Lots of testosteroni in that place.. but still interesting!

Unhappy news front.. blazing headlines about Bushit getting us back into the nuclear race by producing more plutonium. Funny how he can't find funds to keep Big Bird or Bert & Ernie around, but has unlimited bankrolls for death & destruction. People! When are we going to wake up & realize that this man needs to be goose-stepped into the Hague for crimes against humanity??!
As for myself, here's hoping I get eliminated in the 1st rain of fallout. Who wants to be left living w/ this moronic embicile?

Happy news front.. the polls are predicting Bill Nelson will kick Katharine Harris's beehind in a run for the senate.. yay! Little Miss Entitled, dtr of a cattle barron, silver-spooned, Tammy Faye Baker make-up wannabe.. deserves a little come-uppance.

Happy Monday.. & don't ask me why blogspot added all the space in my political cartoon entry. Building intrigue, perhaps? Whatever..
Comments:
Ugh, soooooo true! Great blog today.

In my opinion, a nation's strength lies in the power of its citizens. And, since knowledge is power, if I ran the circus, I'd make sure that education took the forefront. Imagine the scientists, professors, writers, and other scholors America could produce if we were to just NOT focus on war for 10 years.

Such a waste.

Here's hoping red-voters wake up and GO BLUE next election. We gotta get this madman out of office.
 
I have a confession to make... I've not been a very political person unfortunently I have been too self absorbed to follow along. When I do ,I get confussed, angry and frustrated. You ladies are making me open my eyes a little. But what I see makes me want to squeeze them shut real quick. It ugly out there.I hope you can forgive me for being shallow. But in my little world out in the country ,It's so much prettier.I'll try to peek in and take a look more often.Thanks
 
I just want to wake up when this administration is over, Hippigirl.
Not one drop of blood of those 1745 soldiers was worth Dubyah's premptive strike.

btw, where is Pineville, MO? I used to live in Kirksville, MO up in the NE corner. Nothing but soybeans & cornfields up there..;o)
 
Pineville is southeastern corner we are about 10 miles from the Ark line it's beautiful country with lots of trees and clean clear creeks. I just love it here .We have a little 2 bedroom log home with a little creek running behind us. It's a little piece of heavan.
How is your house thing going?That can be very frustrating,I am just into real estate and I know it's hard to deal with some times.
One more ? do you know what a tenderfoot pouch is? I'm making one for my grandson but it's a diffrent version of one. some one asked me what it is and it's been so long since I made a true pouch I'm not sure if I can explain it correctly.I'm putting something differnt in his each month to represent the elements and the mother and father and things for protection and growth. Do you know anything about them?
Well I've rambled enough you have a blessed week,hope to hear from you again soon.
 
The tenderfoot pouches I have seen are made of the softest deerskin & are a sort of amulet of 'protection'; reminders that we are watched over by all of Nature. While the pouch is started by parents/grandparents/ancestors.. the owner of the pouch can add to it throut life.. stones of particular strength to him, fetishes of his 'Power Animals', hair which carries the DNA of people or animals he draws strength from. Etc.. Some people wear these amulets all their lives. Others keep them in their 'sacred space' wherever that may be (even a sock drawer can become a sacred space). These things remind us that we are One.. & draw strength & power one from another.
Perhaps your Tenderfoot Pouch means something else.. & if it does, I'd love to hear about it.
You indeed, are in the pretty part of MO! The Ozarks cannot be surpassed for beauty, & it sounds like your area is magnificent. My experience in NE Missouri was a sad & 'learning' one.. much like a Walden Pond of introspection.
As for the sale of the house/ the purchase of the log cabin in SE TN/the job for my husband in a new place.. I've released it & turned it over to a benevolent Universe. When one has trouble w/ expectations & the 'big picture', I find that always works best. Thank you for your kind thoughts!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?