--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, June 06, 2005

The Pain of Selling

There is not one part of my body that doesn't ache/throb/sting/& just plain hurt. 3 solid days of working on this blasted house & yard, getting it ready for some realtor to pass judgement upon. I think when I hear the words, 'Might just need a little paint, hon..' I may just go ballistic on her MLS.
Dan has worked just as hard as I have, but that doesn't count.. because he always works hard.. ;o)
My pain is a whole new realm of experience here. For the most part, I'm a 'princess' & those duties include supervisory skills (& getting out of doing the manual crap). But we were under the gun, so to speak.. so I pitched in. Good god, I have sweated in places that don't even profess to have sweat glands. It has been 90+ degrees & 90% humidity.. need I say more?
I started mulching early this morning. The job itself can be done by a chimpanzee; but the back gets hit when you have to drag the rain soaked bags across the yard & rip the steamy thing open w/ at least 1/2 dozen tries. Way too much heaving & ho-ing.
But 50 bags later, I can say (as I lay supine w/ my back in traction) 'Those gardens & borders are covered in cedar chips!'. Now, if we get rain or a wind comes up, it'll all be for naught. Perhaps I should get the camera out now..
I noticed the garbage men looking at men funny as I dragged my wooden burden around the yard, but they always look at people funny, don't they? Like they are accusitory for all the waste you have dumped on them in this lifetime. However, when I went in to get a drink of water, I looked in the mirror, & it looked exactly as if I'd peed my pants! Apparently the sweat had all decided to roll to the groin area. Ewwwww..
I certainly hope that all the work has been worthwhile & the place will sell quickly! Think good thoughts for that end result.. & a rapid healing for this old body.
Comments:
May all the pain soon lead to the comfort of your new home in TN!

Meanwhile, if you need to borrow my hot water bottle, I'll get it in the mail to you asap. :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?