--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Summer Day

Oh my, yesterday was a lovely summer respite day. It rained buckets (which we needed & as long as it's not tied to a hurricane, I can take it) So indoor activities became the notion of the day. I started my usual 'Monday' diet.. which should play out by this evening.. & I can restart it next Monday. Oh willpower, thy name is not Sande.
Then I proceeded to do a 30 minute floor exercise program. This decided after I took a gander at the photo my daughter took of me walking into the Gulf last week. NOT a pretty picture. And if someone tells you a floral swimsuit will take away from childbearing hips.. be a nay-sayer! So w/ the blasted picture emblazoned in my head, I did the obligatory crunches & leg lifts. I've named my thighs Auntie Beulah & Auntie Ruby. They are about as spry as those names imply. But lift they did.. & then they were put to bed on the couch, so they could rest.
I'm reading a time-waster book by Nora Roberts, 'The Reef'. Totally predictable & mind numbing, but that's the purpose of beach-reads, right? One can't be delving into the spiritual & psychological 24/7. At least an hr has to be delegated to brain-freeze.
The Aunties properly rested by the prone position, I assisted them to the slouched/sitting position & proceeded to watch movies. "Coming Home'.. the 1978 oscar winning film w/ my heroine Jane Fonda & a much younger/better actor-at-the-time, Jon Voight. (He has since deteriorated.) Anyway, the whole premise of the movie could've been about todays angst over the Iraqi fiasco, rather then VietNam. Amazing how history just keeps on repeating itself. And dick-tators just keep getting elected to presidency.
Great flick.. 4 bags of popcorn! (that's symbolic.. I truly didn't eat them)
Later I watched 'Touching the Void', true story about young mt climbers who almost buy the ranch while climbing in Peru. Intense & adventurous. Tired the poor Aunties out..
Everyone needs these summer respite days from time to time. Mini vacations in your own home. No guilt allowed! Beulah & Ruby thanked me for the retreat.. & I thanked them for their support lo these almost 6 decades. It's the least we could do for each other..
Comments:
Oh my gawd!!! I'm laughing aloud at the "aunties"! My word, you're hilarious Sande!
 
Ha ha! I just call mine the girls.Sounds like a lovely day. thank you for your reply to the tender foot pouch ?,Basiclly it's the same but the one for my grandson is just added to a little bit.Have a good week.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?