--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Time Flies..

I was emailing my dtr today & the date hit me. 41 yrs ago today, I woke up a fresh, demure & blushing bride. I had married on June 15th, 1964. A quiet little ceremony in my brothers home. The wedding march played on an accordian (egads). My bridesmaid a 12 yr old sister, the best man 16.
Barbra Streisdand sang 'People' that yr. The Beatles had come to the U.S. Presley was in his blown-up blimp days. Viet Nam was becoming the hottest locale on earth. Ah, youth.
But back to waking up 41 yrs ago. Here's the rub.. I was still a virgin! Hello? No one had explained to me that 'THAT' was to be a part of the marriage deal! What the SamHill was 'that' all about? I expected marriage to be like going steady.. only you lived together. I was completely aghast that slot A & peg B would EVER enter into such affairs. Naive & 15..
I held to my beliefs & clasped knees for another 2 weeks, before I gave up the battle.
'Memories light the corners of my mind..
Misty watered colored memories
Of the way we were..'
(And wishing I weren't..)ha
Comments:
I'm stealing the anonymous comment from my blog last week. It just seems appropriate:

>>>
Happy anniversary to a beautiful life you live and own and that you wouldn't have had with RB! Today is your day, a celebration to a sweet life you made that works perfectly for you! So go out and celebrate with the people who love you. Those bittersweet anniversaries suck but most of the time they are just perfect because it is an indicator of where you are supposed to be.
Cheers!
>>>>
 
Excellent commentary!
All the things we survive/endure/get-thru-by-the-skin-of-our-teeth.. brings us to this moment in time. And in truth, I wouldn't change a thing.
Definitely, I am where I am meant to be!
Thank you..
 
Ha, ha, don't thank me - thank Anonymous!

I agree. I'm at a point in my life where I can recognize and appreciate the "bad" as well as the good. Without one, there's no other. And, each thing we experience creates who we are and who we become.

Your experiences have brought you here -- right where you need to be.
 
I just read though some of your postings and felt a kinship of sorts.I like your writting and could relate to many things you wrote about. Hope yo get to know you better.Namaste'
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?