--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, July 29, 2005

Bedwetting Liberal.. yeah, that's ME!

To those who believe in the conservative crap that's coming down the pike these days.. please; read no further! This is a RANT!

Why are we so apologetic about being left of Atilla the Hun these days? Why do we cry & make public spectacles of ourselves when the GOP says, 'Hey, we don't like what you said, or how you said it.'? The Dems today are a sorry loose-jointed lot. And I for one am ready to tell the right wingnuts to shut their pie-holes.
I don't need the likes of Frist/Cheney/Gonzales/Rove/Coulter/Limbaugh, ad nauseum to dictate my thoughts!
Kellogg & Halliburton do not own me. I do not bow to the Supremes, to Katherine Harris, or to anything that crawled out of Crawford, TX.

I just finished an excellent book by Jim Harrison, 'The Road Home'. And like most books I read, I take away what resonates w/ me.. & leave what doesn't. Most of this book fed me well. I especially liked this quote;
"Even quasi-religious people liked to quote Jesus as saying, 'The poor you have with you always,' neglecting to add that he didn't say to sit on your ass and don't do nothing about it (poverty). The thought that my country accepts the idea that a quarter of its citizens are destined to be social mutants, peels my nerves. Our compassion quotient has seemed to lower a bit more each year of my adult life. I never much minded when my colleagues would tease me for being a 'bleeding heart' because if your heart doesn't bleed you're dead, and you've become just another greedy little shit factory on life's way."

The shit factory over-runneth these days.
Yes! I'm a bleeding heart Liberal! Yes! I care about the humanity of we who deign to call ourselves 'human'. It hurts me to know that nearly 1800 innocent soldiers have died for nothing more than Dubyah's folly. It causes me intense pain to know that over 125,000 Iraqi's have died for the enjoyment of Rumsfeld & his power hungry ilk.
If it indeed is a sin to care.. then count me among the guilty as charged.
I confess.. I believe in human rights! So shoot me.. or set me free.
Comments:
Yeah! You rock. You can't rant to me anytime. That is why I originally started my blog, was to vent, but I realized that the right feel okay because they have God on their side. Hello? This isn't the God I know.
 
Good for you Lillielaw, for keeping your mind open to new thoughts.
That's what it's all about..
 
Individual thought is exactly what this country should be about.
I swear,when I am Queen, it will be so very different. ;o)

I like that idea.. 'Mental Vacation'.. don't have to come back to work til 2008!!
 
As someone who lives in the Free World (anywhere outside the USA) I find it hard to comprehend how a country could vote in someone like Bush. The man has done more damage to individual freedom and democracy in recent years than any one else I know. The persuit of American globalisation and the mighty dollar has been Bush and his cronies' purpose for the past 6 years. He's tough as long as someone else has to pay - either with their life or their freedom.

The sooner the American people wake up and realise that there is a whole world out there who do not enjoy being under their life and culture being taken apart to serve American selfish interest, the sooner a more rational world will come to be. The only freedom that Bush is fighting for is American Commercial Self-interest.
 
You totally have that right, Mark.. we have been duped for 6 yrs (ONLY 6 yrs? Feels like a freaking eternity!)
One can only hope that it will get better w/ the next election. I swear, somewhere there's an island w/ my name on it..
Far, far away from this nutbag & his minions.
 
Great blog, Cherokee Sage Woman. I looked up your profile after your comments over at The New Lake Jackson Democrat. I will try to check in occasionally. Keep up your good work.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?