--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Lessons..

It's my personal belief that we come to this Earth School to learn life lessons. When we're done, we leave. Simple and as complex as that.
Then we get to start all over again.. aiyeeee.....

Right now, my life lesson involves 'patience'. Isn't that just a pain in the wazoo to learn? We, in this society of instant gratification.. 'I wanted that report yesterday'.. please me, NOW!.. multi-orgasms, if you don't mind.. 'what takes the microwave so freakin' long???'
Yeah, THAT generation.
I find it hard to wait for my hot rollers to heat up, & here I am being asked to 'sit in the center of the vessel & wait on the will of heaven'. There are times it brings me to weeping & wailing.
Currently, I am trying to sell my house in SW Florida, because we have bought a wonderful cabin in SE Tennessee. One is contingent on the other..
With his white-hot real estate market in SRQ, I figured it would be on the market for 20 minutes, before I was renting the UHaul, & packing the boxes. It has now been 64,800 minutes & my house has not sold! Houses have sold on this street.. just not mine. We've lowered the price.. so we're well within the 'sale' parameters.. Everyone says it's a beautiful home, & they'd love to have it. But it hasn't sold!
So this leads me to
1) Bargain w/ God. Offer to become a missionary in Tellico Plains, or as far away as Knoxville if necessary.
2) Question my decisions. Am I secretly sagotaging the sale? Do I subconsciously want to remain here?
3) Eat away my anxiety. Cold hotdogs w/ a hot tuna topping are not health food folks. This is stress eating.
and finally
4) Go within, & see what the hold up is. AHA! Now comes the truth.. this is my lesson: To release control of the sale of the house to the 'Universe', knowing my best interest is being taken care of, even as I am learning to have patience. With myself, w/ others & w/ God.
And like most circuitous lessons, we're at the beginning chanting,
"All shall be well, all shall be well, & all manner of things shall be well."

64,820 minutes.
Comments:
I'd say of the life lessons to be learnt, two of the most difficult are forgiveness and patience. For me, at least.

I really, really struggle with patience, so I feel your pain my sistah! But, you're so right. Release it and let the Universe grab the wheel - enjoy the ride without the stress of driving.

Hopefully that sale is only one packet of hot dogs away. Sending you positive thoughts...
 
you will be doing mission work whether you like it or not in knoxville just w/ me alone! ha!!

everything will fall gently and excitingly into place very soon my love!
 
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I loved that this was the first post you have written that I have seen. I made me think of a lesson that I learned. I used to pray "Please Lord, give me patience." Then I realized that what I was then getting were lots of "opportunities" to learn that lesson. :) Take care...I am putting you in bookmarks.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?