--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, July 08, 2005

Menacing Dennis

My, my, just seems like yesterday when all the forces of Mother Nature lined up to bring us the 4 horses of the weather-apocolypse.. Charley, Ivan, Jeanne, Frances. And now we have more of the frolic-some poltergeists set to waylay us in the Gulf.
Personally, I think if we have to put up w/ Her antics, it should be more evenly divided. (preferably by land mass size.. so Texas would get a more proportionate numbers of hits.)
I am just glad that I'm still not working in the nursing home, where when a storm system moves in, we were involved in an involuntary 'lockdown' situation. Told to bring in children/pets/clothing for a wk/sleepings bags, etc. What a tormented zoo! The kids ran around helter-skelter, driving the elderly residents to drink. The pets howled in dismay at having to be contained in carriers/crates in a separate area.
The nurses were their same bitchy selves, nothing new there. Indentured servatude! You stay or you lose your job, missy. It was the same at every medical establishment. The running comment was, 'I could be working at Targets!' Close to the same pay, probably more respect, & much brighter surroundings. Plus, I doubt they had a mandatory lockdown in the accessories dept.
But anyway, here I am footloose & work-free.. enjoying every moment of not watching the clock to see how many hrs of freedom I had before the death-march to work.

And the hurricanes just keep on a formin'. Weather gurus say we're setting all time records for #'s as well as ferocity. Can you say 'Global Warming Effect?' Call it junk-science Mr Monkey-man, but it's your bro whose taking the hits for you.
Meanwhile, I'm jumping ship for this one.. heading up to my soon-to-be-home in TN.
Batten down the hatches, those of you staying behind.. & sell my house, Mr Realtor guy. I'm feeling the need for trees..
Comments:
Hey, have a great and safe weekend in TN.

And, most of all, ENJOY THE FREEDOM!
 
Everything's gonna be just fine... :)
so glad you are outta that hell, wish thing were run the way they should be, so that no one had to face that this weekend,,
can't wait for you to be in Tn too!!
 
What part of TN are you moving to? Is it close to me? ARK> MO> line.I'll say a prayer for all of us tonight.Peace and love
 
We're moving to Tellico Plains, in the SE corner of TN. About an hr south of Juliepoolie.
 
Hmmmmm Now that camping thing sounds more possible. I think we'd have a blast. YAY-YAY
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?