--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Tuesday's Notes

I'm a believer in 'signs'. This morning my daughter emailed & said I should start packing things, showing the Universe I had faith in selling the house. Then my dtr-in-law calls & says, 'You know, you should start packing'.. hello? The light was dawning on the ole intuition path.
So I went to the garage, got a box & proceeded to pack away all my purses. Fit perfectly. Another good sign.. ;o)
I took the box & said a prayer of gratitude, and asked God to help get this show on the road. I am ready!
I start to eat lunch when the phone rings. It's my realtor telling me there's a client coming at 4:30. Is this the 'one'?? Stay tuned..

Rambling on.. I just finished a book on the study of ESP in pets. You know, how dogs are waiting at the door for their masters.. how cats 'know' when their humans are calling home, how horses return to old barns across 100 miles.. things of that nature. I know my own cats are always the clue when Dan is coming home. He takes off work at different times, so it's not a factor. And the cats gather in the foyer at least 10-15 minutes before he ever pulls into the drive.. so it's not the sound of the motor. It's innate. The book's premise was that man too, once had this ability, but we grew away from it over the generations. So now, we're in awe of our pets.
Leads me to my 'lunchtime' story. I was sitting here at the keyboard, wondering what I could fix myself for lunch. I mentally went thru what was in the fridge (nothing good), & then decided I'd fix a tuna sandwich. I pushed back my chair & all of a sudden I have 4 meowing cats at my feet. How did they know? These felines don't give a fig about me during the day. They're off sleeping, preening, being omnipotent.. whatever cats do. But when I fix tuna.. they come running. Only this time all I'd done was THINK about it.. & there they were! W-e-i-r-d. I didn't disappoint them. They each got a bite in the bowls. But I was flabbergasted at the whole process. I wonder if I can psych them out.. you know, think 'tuna' & then fix ham & cheese. That's just mean, huh?
Comments:
I completely agree. Pets *do* have an extra sense. And, I also agree that humans appear to have bred that sense out of our existence.

Hmmmm.

Good luck at 4:30. I'll be thinking "sold" for you. :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?