--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, August 25, 2005

I Am Blessed..

In keeping my tradition of stealing from my Sister-Friends blog ideas, I decided to use one of Kat's themes in a recent blog. She just allowed 'stream-of-thought' to preclude any prepared 'list' of what she felt were blessings in her life. So here's my thoughts for today's blessings.

I Am Blessed Because..
1) My daughter is my best friend
2) And she never fails to lift my spirits
3) I am packing for my new life in TN
4) And I have the ability to bend & move & pack & lift, without too much pain
5) I have a wonderful husband!
6) After many disasterous previous attempts
7) My cats tolerate me
8) It's all you can expect from a cat
9) Buddy even curled up on my stomach today & we napped on the couch
10)He's never done that before
11)I have email friends that feed me emotionally
12)On many levels
13)Everything is falling into place for the move
14)Including insurance
15)I come from a close family
16)And after all these years, we still communicate
17)And even like each other
18)I have music that moves me
19)I have so many books that I won't be able to read in this lifetime
20)But I'll die trying
21)I have good health
22)I could have better if I walked more & ate less
23)I'm learning to accept & love myself more
24)Menopause is not for sissies
25)It makes me tougher everyday
26)I will protect my 'soul' to keep her soft & yielding
27)I have a wonderful 'Path' to live
28)And that excites me
29)I'm ready to 'give' to 'receive'
30)This is Dubyah's last term!
Comments:
What a great list!!! (especially #30)

There's so much in our everyday lives to be thankful for, but it's so easy to take it all for granted. It's lovely to give pause and draw attention to all the joys.
 
I second that.
 
Thanks you guys..
Amy.. love your blog! Some super resources on there.
 
I so agree with the last blessing.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?