--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Lazy Saturdays..

Ok, I'm off my rants & rages today. Makes me sweat. And today is waa-ay hot enough without working up an inside heat to match what mother nature's throwing at us. 95 in the shade, & probably the humidity to match. When I walked this morning, felt like the air was thick enough to be drank. (I'm working on my southern euphemisms here.. or is that metaphors & similes.. whatever!)

Today I'm a slug. A slow-moving one, leaving a slime trail.
This summer day calls for naps, books (dropped when one of those 'naps' sneak up on you), libations w/ lots of ice & lime squeezin's, & hammocks under big oak trees w/ spanish moss dipping close to the ground. Birds as lazy as I am.. too tired to chirp. Squirrels, legs splayed on the fence, trying to find the shady spot. Butterflies that have given up on their flittery mating calls, satisfied to land on your toe, & just chill.

Y'all come on in & make yourself comfortable.. pardon me if I don't get up.. just too darn comfortable right now.
Comments:
Your own little Storm Chaser.. I thought of him as I watched the Weather Channel talking about the OKC tornadoes of '99.

Going to the movies?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?