--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Here Comes The 'Seasons'

Remember back in Florida, when I was complaining about the lack of seasonal changes.. back when every orifice/angle/cell of my body was sweating bullets? Where the degree of humidity always superseded the actual temperature?
Well, let me tell you.. all of that is beginning to change. I first noticed it when I woke up & it looked like it was still midnight outdoors. Rain! Lots of it..
I put on my usual rigeur, shorts & tank top. Then I noticed the strange hue of blue on my arms & legs. Dang! It's cold in here. Checking the gauge.. it's like 50. yikes!
So THIS is what a season feels like. Not as much fun as just looking at the pictures in National Geopgraphic, or watching a film on the drive through New Englands autumnal tour. This is the real McCoy.. & I hope I'm up to it.
I can feel many sweatsuits in my future. And I fear returning to my days in Germany where I only removed my multi-layered prs of socks at bath time.

What a person does for the beauty of nature!
And of course it's well worth it.
Comments:
Ha, what a great blog!! I can totally empathize! Going from Tucson (the epitome of "no seasons") to Indiana was such a shock! And, I think - just out of defiance - I spent my first midwestern winter wearing shorts...just because I couldn't comprehand having to bundle up!

Seasons are changing here, too. In the winter, the "daylight" (can "greylight" be a term?) hours are about 10am - 4pm. It's dark all the time. It's so tough not to just stay in bed and hybernate.

Tangent. Sorry.

I'm so glad that you're in TN. I'm so glad (even if you're chilly now!) that you're getting your beloved Seasons back. Hope the Cycles bring serenity and peace...enjoy!
 
It will be worth it for the view of the smokies and the change of the leaves!!
You will be used to it by next year. I know what to get you for a housewarming gift now though!! - something warm for both of your feet :)
 
Uncle Joe's Mint Balls - "They leave you all aglow". I'll try and send you some to keep out the winter chill.
 
Well, when I moved back from the coast to Illinois it took me years to stop wearing ten layers. It will take a while to adjust. Just think though, you really will have frost on the pumpkin this Halloween. (Always the first terribly cold day and it always rains) You will possibly have snow for Christmas and you will smell wood smoke all winter from folks heating with wood. Actually, I don't think it gets too terribly bad down there weather wise. Just be mindfull as you step outside that you never can tell when it will be slick and yes sweat suits and sweat shirts will become staples in your wardrobe. That is the one good thing about winter-a turtle neck under a sweat shirt. I also used to wear a thin pair of long undies under my clothes until I got adjusted. Now days you can get them in cute colors even.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?