--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, September 16, 2005

Stiil Alive

Hi folks! Still alive & kicking here in SE Tennessee, or as the Cherokee called this area, 'Tanasi'.. that sounds cooler, huh?

We are still holed up in a motel in Sweetwater, while the sellers of the cabin pack up their belongings. I certainly wish them 'godspeed' & perhaps even 'warp-speed' as they pack. There's nothing like a small room & 4 cats to teach you what allergies are all about. I finally had to break down & buy some Primatine Mist to aid & assist my poor swollen broncioles. Realizing this was the same drug that killed some famous model, I'm using it only at nite, sparingly.

Today it is raining. I hope this doesn't affect the 'siteing' of our moving trucks today. Our cabin is 1/4 mi up a windy switchback road.. I'd hate to see my belongings sliding down the side of a mountain!

I am constantly amazed at the friendliness of the people here in this part of the country. Everyone has a hearty greeting & an offer of kindness in one form or another.
Last evening we were in the one fancy restaurant in town, celebrating the 'closing' of the house deal. There was nice ambviance.. we were seated at the window overlooking the river.. there was a pianist playing classical music.. and the food was superb. But then, the 'singer' joined the pianist on the stage.. uh oh. All of a sudden it was a loud, raucous version of 'GotMyMojo Workin'.. which stuck my food right in my throat. His set went on for 3 days, or at least 1/2 hr. We looked around, & everyone else had left..hmmm.
Turns out the place was now closed. I guess the singing is how they clear the room. However, we had a nice visit w/ said singer & I learned yet another lesson about not judging the song by the singer, or something like that. He was a really nice guy! And turns out he's a neighbor. Also had some good news for us, that we may have access to DSL in our area! WAHOO! That's as good as getting good rates at Geico, folks.
So 'we'uns' are getting used to being called 'you'uns'.. & it just feels right.
Comments:
I am sooooo happy for youins lol I have been away from blog land myself. Going through some growing pains.But it's all good. I really need to focus myself right now. But you were on my mind and I wanted you to know I was thinking about you.I want to see pictures and hear all about your new place.I just know it's alittle peice of heaven.I can just see the full moon shining it's light down on your place blessing it with love and joy. Guess what it's the same light that is shining down on our little piece of heaven isn't that cool!
 
I always found Ten. to rather red necked, and that takes a lot since I live in Tx. Now having said that, I am glad you are enjoying yourself and love your new home.
Plus I wanted to say Thank you for the offer of submitting photos to your web site, I was very touched.
 
Ya all get some rest now in the midst a that movin. That will leave ya all plum tuckered out. Oh, there is a little truck stop in Racoon valley that makes the best coffee in the world. I think you will really like it there.
 
I'm sorry, but your blog is lost on me. People are being NICE? FRIENDLY? I can't seem to remember what these qualities are...but they sound heavenly.

Maybe I should counteract Poland with a trip to Tennessee. :)
 
Hope the final stage qoes well. You make the place sound a bit like the people around Wigan (or Wiggin as they call it!), very down to earth, call a spade a spade and generous to a fault.

Mind you, living on a mountain sounds absolutely great.

Finally, I don't get cat allergies - cats are allergic to me (and it gets me into lots of trouble with my kids who do love cats - ah well, there's life).
 
I'll bet you get actual customer service too, don't ya... I'm green with envy.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?