--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

2 Trailer Family

Is this the true test for becoming an official Tennesseean? We now have 2 trailers parked behind the house. (No dead school buses as yet, however). One is our GourmetCampers- mobile, resplendent w/ camping gear deluxe. The other is a new purchase as of today, a 5X8 flatbed baby.. for hauling trash to the city dump. Oooo-whee.. we're uptown now, sugar-dumplin.

We're having the propane tank filled this week. Can you say 'second mortgage'?? Egads.. at $2.14 a gal, & the tank holds 400 gal.. I'm thinking we may give up cooking & heating. The pioneers could do it w/o the extras, why not us? But I doubt we're ready to take on tent camping 24/7, so we will pay the piper.

#4 cat Puki has escaped 3X so far, doing his exploration of 'things-under-the-porch'. He comes back w/ spider webbed whiskers & fleas galore! We've treated him twice for the fleas. Now I'm thinking more along the route of behavior modification; giving the poot a flea bath everytime he does his Houdini thing. He knows how to push his head against the wooden screen, til he can squeeze thru. I have to give him IQ pts for that.. the others haven't figured it out (yet). Having the porch screened will take care of that problem. If we can just get a carpenter to 'commit' to us. So far, everyone seems to be busy doing other things. Apparently they don't realize the import of granting my kitties outdoor access! New housing be damned here..

We finished out the Great Room last evening.. & it now looks warm & inviting w/ drapes, gallery-type hanging pics, etc. Y'all come see us!
Now on to the other projects, such as transforming the basement from a war zone to a real entertainment room. And the office to a servicable area for 2 (read: GET SANDE OFF THE TV TRAYS SHE'S USING FOR A DESK!!)

Just made some camping reservations for Indian Boundary State Park (the one just down the road from us). The park closes for campers at the end of the month.. so we had to get them in quickly! Can't wait to try it out & do some sweet-sleeping in the fall weather. Memories of Little Manatee River will simply vanish from my mind.. I hope.

It is Fall! And I am swept away.. breathless.. at the beauty that surrounds me. Every person on earth needs a little cabin in the big woods (Laura Ingalls got it right!).. I think this could bring about Peace on Earth.
Comments:
Ohhh, in the last paragraphs I can hear the tranquility in your voice!! I love it!

And, here's hoping that the next camping trip is better than the hellish torture that some call Little Manatee River. :)

So happy for you!
 
Get some pictures! Autumn sounds great and I would love to see where you live. For once our autumn is starting to look a bit special, - you know, a bit New England, so I'm buying my film to capture it.

By the way, I refuse to use the word Fall! It's autumn. Fall is when I've had too much beer!
 
Oh, all you need is a broken down car w/ some weeds growing up around it!! And a red neck tan line and you will fit right in!! Tell me you have some cousins that are married too, tee hee!
I can make fun since I have lived here my whole life! :)
Can't wait to see your place,
love you!
 
That's like me.. I can make fun because I was raised in a single wide trailer most of my life.
Can't wait to see you too!
 
1# I'm so jelous of Julie coming to see you and I can't.
2# I have a cat that does the same thing. We use Frontline you put it on at the back of their head it last about a month or so work great.
3# I do have a little cabin in the woos and yas it's very peaceful I love it.
4# We are getting a little wood stove to heat this winter. Do you think we are in for a bad one this year? I'm thinking it's not going to be that bad. (Crosses fingers)
Got to go I'm finding waqys to stay out of the house today Hubby is still sick and very growly.
 
Man my typing is bad today I know I need to get out of the house now!!!!
 
Hippigirl, we all have to get together one of these days & just relax & talk 'country'. You, me & Julie.. fun, fun.
Maybe we can drag Miss World & Cherokee Princess over here too.
yay-yay
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?