--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr..

I've awakened to 30 degree weather for the past couple of days. We still have some FL visitors here, until thursday evening. I don't think they've taken their coats off for the past 48 hrs..ha
But the nipply air has caused a color riot in the forest.. soooo gorgeous!
Over the week-end, we drove to NC, across the Cherohala Skyway, & then back to TN via the GA route. I'm already biased as to 'ours' being the prettiest of the autumn colors.
I think the mountain air has affected my brain cells , because I actually BAKED something from scratch this morning! Fruit bar cookies. Now granted, they came out so undercooked that one must eat them w/ a spoon, or else freeze them to hold any kind of consistency. Just like the fudge my mom used to make! So those genes have maintained..
Dan has gone to ferry the trash to the dump. He wore his 'camo' boots to do this job. (??) I will never understand men & their toys.. ;o)
I'm only seeing 1 goldfish in the pond these days. Either the other 2 jumped ship, or were instant 'sushi' for some raccoons. We may have to create a chickenwire 'guard' for the pond. Ah, nature..
I have seen my spiritual totem, or Power Animal.. the 'falcon' several times around here. Once sitting proudly on my fence. I feel very protected by him.
Dan showed me our 1st snake.. a little green grass snake, so no heart attack there.
The squirrels have discovered the bird feeder in the backyard (which the birds were shunning). So we now have the 1st $100 squirrel feeder, w/ $30 seed in it. But whose counting, right?
Still loving life on a mountain top. I swear, I'm going to have to get after those mandolin lessons, so I can wail 'Rocky Top' as the sun sets behind the horizon. Mint Julip anyone? Or maybe hot spiked cider might be a better choice.
Comments:
I can't wait to come up there!! It is way too cold for this time of year - it was 85 last wed and now it's 40 here in knoxvegas - that is just not right - we need an inbetween!!
Play anything but rocktop - I'm so over that song!! :) that's all they play here - it's the official UT song.
 
hahaha.. when we went to the Gold Fest in Cokertown.. we watched a weinie dog 'sing' along to Rocky Top.. so it can't be all bad.
;o)
 
It sounds soooooo beautiful there! I sound like a broken record, but I'm so happy for you!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?