--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, October 28, 2005

Camptown Races..

And we're off for the week-end to Indian Boundary State Park, for some 'nipply' camping. It's been 20-24 degrees every morning this week.. but the highs have reached 55-60, & sunny! So we won't complain. I find myself wishing for a pr of longjohns to pack, however. I guess we'll have to just snuggle extra close to create some heat in the tent.

Looks like we'll soon be started on having the basement converted to an entertainment room. I'd love for it to be done by Christmas.. so we shall see. The guy who was going to re-do our driveway, was too busy for it.. so we'll use those funds to complete the room. Actually, we're getting pretty good on that stagecoach rutted road that we call a driveway. I'm so glad I sold the Lady Lexus & didn't subject her to the wild ride..
Yippee Kii Yay! Makes you hold tight to the door handles & grit your teeth. Who needs Busch Gardens roller coasters??

The colors are a poppin' in the forest. After all the frosts, I'm sure they'll peak out this week. Then we'll see how the horizon changes when all the leaves are gone.
They tell me it's a 240 degree view of the mountains when that happens.. cool.

Someone dumped a litter of pups on the Cherohala Skyway.. 4 little fellows that stuck together until someone picked them up. Ugh.. people.. the worst 'animals' in the world, are homosapiens.
No more spotting of 'wild' animals this week, after the fox & bunnies of last week. Probably because it's still hunting season, & they have the sense to stay out of harms way. I've heard that some local farmers have spray painted the word 'C-o-w' on their cattle, to avoid them being shot at for deer.

I do hope that everyone has a happy Halloween! We'll be handing out goodies to the campfire set..;o)
Pictures next Monday!
Have a peace-filled wk-end..
Comments:
Ohhhh, the potential winter views and the camping trip both sound amazing. Can't wait for the photos!

Enjoy your weekend! You could use some relaxation. :)
 
I hope you all stay warm and that it's just gorgeous up there!!
I'm waiting on the photos too!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?