--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Childless, Shiftless, & Lazy

Well, I'm plumb rudderless w/ my kids gone. Don't know what to do, where to go, or who to antagonize. There is no structure w/o Barbie & her posse telling me how to live a better life. There are no meal planning strategies w/o Gummi Bears being the featured entree. Even TV is lack-luster w/o Cartoon Network or the Disney channel. Last evening we were forced to watch the news, for gosh sakes.
And look at me now! Listening to arias on the stereo.. reading magazines on the porch, glancing up occasionally at the magestic Smokies. Considering watching a foreign film in a bit, wondering what hubby will do w/ pork tenderloin for dinner.. Having just given myself a facial & now thanking the partner for a nice glass of wine.. You see?? Life is just shallow & unforgiving w/o kids in it.. ;o)

But I will persevere.. I will get thru the days of shopping mindlessly for something other than toys made in China. I will rise above the mundane sleeping in past nine. I will read those books, write those letters, compute those projects, make those honey-do lists infinitum. And yes, the days & weeks will pass, until once again I hear the blissful call across the field of dreams in my backyard.. 'GRANDMA! We're baaaa-ck!'
That will be a wonderful day..
Comments:
Ahhh Grandma isn't that the sweetest words ever spoken.You'll be OK.but withdrawl is hell isn't!
If you need something to do I've got all kinds of stuff down here to do.Winter is coming !
Have you heard from julie latly? If I don't hear fromm her soon I think I'm going to call her.
Thanks for your comments they always mean alot to me.I'll catch you later Grandma ( it isn't the same is it)oh well I tried.
 
Julie is coming to see me soon! Riding up on a Harley..;o)
But I'm sure she'd love the phone call from you!
 
I, too, love the words Grandma and Grandpa as it means we are getting rid of our kids for a while!
 
How come I never had grandma's & grandpa's watching my 6 kids when they were little?? I was cheated, dude.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?