--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, December 26, 2005

Unresolved Resolutions..

Egads, it's that time of year again. The days when one frantically searches their mind for something 'unique, untried, untested, unmatched, unrivaled' & resolve to DO the impossible thing in the upcoming year. And it's never just the ONE thing we resolve to do.. we create a bakers dozen of the ridiculous quests & dare ourselves to fail, or in some cases to succeed. One must always be careful what one asks for. I'm recalling a New Years Eve when I asked for a romantic loving partner to enter my life & voila! I had 4 handsome dudes on my Valentines list. Sometimes less is more..

For the past few years I became obsessed with creating resolutions for the Mind/Body/Spirit.. so I would faithfully lie to myself & say 'I will lose 20 lbs for my Body. I will learn to speak Italian for my Mind. I will write a spiritual book for my Inner-being/Spirit-Self.' And every January 2nd, I knew I was doomed to failure. For one thing, I now need to lose 40#; baby-talking in Italian is not pretty; and I much prefer reading a spiritual tome than writing one.

This year I'm rethinking the whole blinkin' process. Why is it that I need to re-Solve anything? I've pretty much 'solved' the thing as it is. I'm extremely happy at this juncture in my life. If I create a catch-all list of supposed imperfections to 'fix', doesn't that take away from the Gratitude for what I am right now?
It smacks of telling God, 'Thank you for a healthy body, but damn Man, could you shave about 30# off these childbearing hips?' It's a wonder She doesn't whop us upside the head & say, 'I'll give you something to grouse about!'

So here's my take on New Years Resolutions.. I resolve/dedicate/determine to do the things I should've been doing all along;
1) Work for world peace
2) Be grateful for all that I am and all that I shall be
3) Pray all good things for my fellow man & animals
5) Simply 'love' & 'forgive'
6) And Just Be Me.

That's it for this handbasket. So don't be looking for the svelte spiritual author to be appearing soon in a town near you. I'll be here in my Bliss, expressing gratitude for friends like you.
Ciao!
Comments:
I love this post, Sande!! It is all stuff that we should be striving for and working toward, and something we should always be thankful for: LIFE. Just living. Just being.

I can't wait to pass the computer over to Lisa and have her read this too.
 
Why thank you, Ms World..
Really, thank you for being 'you'.
 
I think you are absolutely right - what great points!!
And you are quite wonderful just the way you are!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?