--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Getting closer to spring..




One of the many many reasons I chose to move to SE Tennessee was to experience 'seasons' again. Growing up in Oklahoma, some of the seasons were fraught w/ danger i.e., 'Tornado Season'.. and then living in AZ, one grew used to just 2 seasons.. 'warm & hot'. Missouri took me to 'cold & coldest'. And then to lovely FL which has really only one.. 'balmy'.(Ocassionally 'sweaty' may be added to that)
So I was ready to get the full Monty of Mother nature here in the mtns of TN. And she hasn't disappointed.. We were blessed w/ a colorful autumn, a fairly mild winter (breaking us in easy)w/ a couple of pretty snows. And now we anticipate spring. Ma Nature being a bit of a tease.. is just alluding to some 'hot house happenings' later on in the month. But for now, this is what were seeing & it's enough to get the juices flowing. Bring it on Baby! I'm ready..
Comments:
Spring is definitely my favourite time of year, with autumn running a close second.
 
Seasons are great; I think it's important for one's emotions to experience the changes and cycles of nature - I'm happy you're back in Four Season Land!

PS: Beautiful daffodils!
 
Glad your getting your seasons! The main reason I chose Ok. was for the thunderstorms, weird I know but I love them!
In answer to your question on my site we live in Tuttle, a small area south west of the City. I work in Newcastle right off of 44.
There are people on the net I don't want to know this just yet so that is why I don't publish this on my site. ;)
 
I know exactly where those areas are Sandi.. have friends in both towns. (Or did 30 yrs ago ;o)
Get ready for an exciting spring! Youre right in the 'alley' now.
My grandson lives for the 'severe' weather. Having watched my fences & doghouses fly by my windows, I didn't care much for it. At least hurricanes gave me more prep time..ha
 
Miss World.. as I was trying to take the pic of the daffodils (w/o displaying the ugly propane tank beside it), Belle puts her big mouth around both blossoms. I had to shoosh her away to even get the shot.

Mark, my faves are inverse to yours.. autumn & spring. Great minds think alike.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?