--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, March 27, 2006

Just 5 years ago..

When I woke up this morning, next to the mate of my soul.. I was reminded that 5 years ago today, I didn't even know he existed. Tomorrow will mark the 5 year annversary of our 1st email. That tremulous little missive that puts your heart, ego & future 'on the line' to either be shot down, or elevated to new heights. We were both members of Match.com.. looking for our perfect partners in the elusive bounds of cyber-space. I had not seen his ad, but he says that he had seen mine & was trying to build up courage to send a note. Telling himself, 'you can't win, if you don't try'.. he emailed me a pithy little note that caught my eye. The next day we found out we shared the same obscure birthdate. Obviously from that point on, it was kismet.

8 days later we had our 1st date. One month later, we were engaged. Two months after our 1st email we were married. Never let it be said that we old farts drag our feets! It's just like that lovely line in 'When Harry Meets Sally'.. "When you know what you want for the rest of your life, you're ready for your life to begin right now!"
And so we did.. and are.. & forever will be.
Comments:
I cannot even tell you what an inspiration you are to me - and I love so much that you're with someone who inspires you...it makes you even more inspirational. Uhhh, did that sentence make any sense at all (it totally did in my head)?

You and Dan are such a rarity, and such a breath of fresh air. And I love that you never take it for granted. You are always expressing how happy and fortunate you feel. It's infectious and it makes those around you (me) so amazed at you!

You two should write Match.com and ask to be their spokespeople. :) You truly are a success story!
 
Great story. When you know it's right; it's right!
 
Why, thank you all.
We truly did 'save the best for last'..
 
Two thoughts:

awwwwww!

and

Congrats to you both and hope endless years of happiness continue to be yours!
 
Has it been that long? I remember it like it was yesterday getting an email from you about meeting him! I'm so happy for you!
We will celebrate when we go camping next month!
 
Bring Scotch! ha
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?