--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Our own Alfred E. Neuman in Cleveland..

The first question came from a woman in the audience and her question was: "Thank you for coming to Cleveland, Mr. Prresident and the Cleveland Club. My question is that author and former Nixon administration official, Kevin Phillips ,in his latest book, American Theocracy, discusses what has been called radical Chritianity and it's growing involvement into government and politics. He makes the point that members of your administration have reached out to prophetic Christians who see the war in Iraq and the rise in terrorism as signs of the apocalypse. Do you believe this? That the war in Iraq and the rise in terrosim are signs of the apocalypse. And, if not, why not?"
President Bush: Um..uh...er...(laughter from audience and Bush)...um..uh... I....the answer is...I haven't really thought of it that way (heh, heh) (crowd laughs). Here's how I think of it. Um...first, I've heard of that by the way. I..uh.. the...uh..I, I guess...um...I'm more of a practical fellow. I vowed after September 11th that I would do everything I could to protect the American people. And...uh...my attitude, of course, was affected by the attacks.
I knew we were at a war. I knew that the enemy obviously had to be sophisticated and lethal to fly hijcacked airplanes...uh...into facilities of people, innocent people doing nothing, just sitting there going to work. I also knew this about this war on terror that...uh..that uh....the farther we got away from September 11th the more likely that people would, you iknow, seek comfort and not think about this global war on terror as a global war on terror. And, that's good, by the way.
Comments:
Was his response even English?

Remember when Americans were pissed off at Kerry because he spoke too "eloquently"? So, pretty much thanks to Bush, ANY presidential candidate who can form a complete sentence will be viewed as an "elitists" (remember Reds calling Blues that all during the election) and as "talking over the publics' head".

We've got a looooooooong road to recovery.
 
He gives English a bad name, which is why I'm taking up Italian.
 
He does struggle when Uncle Karl is not whispering in his ear!
 
Did he even know the meaning of the question?
And people want to say he is not retarded.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?