--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Cool! I'm signing up for Mary's religion!

God wants Blige to wear bling

Mary J. Blige says she has found religion, but she makes no apologies for her earthly materialism. In fact, she says God has willed her to wear bling.
“My God is a God who wants me to have things,” the singer tells May’s Blender magazine. “He wants me to bling. He wants me to be the hottest thing on the block. I don’t know what kind of God the rest of y’all are serving, but the God I serve says, ‘Mary, you need to be the hottest thing this year, and I’m gonna make sure you’re doing that’.”
Blige also is not modest when it comes to her place in history. “I do consider myself part of black history,” she told the mag. “Since 1991, I’m still doing this and I’m successful. And I haven’t hurt anyone in the process.”
Comments:
Ahhhh, the forgotten 11th commandment!

"Thou shalt forsake the poor and hungry in order to adorn thouself in bling"
 
"and let me continue to support the oppression of those who work in the mines in africa to get me the bling while I talk about being part of black history month'...
that makes no sense to me!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?