--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, May 05, 2006

TGIF

Ok, no politics today.. except to say I totally enjoyed seeing Rumsfeld 'fry' on the CBS news last evening. Looking oh so discomfited as the ex-CIA agent called him the lying dog he is..
And I'm happy to read that O'Reilly's polls are plummeting, for whatever reasons..
And that Colbert hasn't made a grandiose apology for making the monkey-man grimace last Saturday night.
And that maybe, just maybe we as a nation will reach a 'critical mass' of being pissed off, & may just make a difference at the polls this fall. Please God!

But other than that, I'm good.
Today marks the 5 yr anniversary of when Dan proposed. Right about this time of day, actually. Talk about eloquent responses. He says, 'I want to be with you for the rest of my life.. I want to be your husband, & for you to be my wife'.. & in my infinite wisdom & cool reserve.. said, 'ARE YOU KIDDING?!'
duh..
I think I did see 'fight or flight' in his eyes at that point. But dammit, he'd committed himself. ;o)
And so I pledged my dowry of 4000 boxes of books & 3000 boxes of CD's (not the monetary ones).. & a well-oiled computer. How could he resist?
247 roundtrip truckloads of my crap, & a new hernia later.. we were officially roommates.
Ahhh, old love. There are nothing like grandparents-in-love to renew one's faith in 'live-now/die-later'.

I think we're still pretty cute old farts. We still hold hands & kiss a lot. And we share sunsets, nice meals & a menagerie of wildlife.. here on the mtn top in TN. We have our dreams of winning the lottery & taking everyone of you on a big cruise.. that's right even you there in Spain/Bogota/Sweden (where do you folks find this obscure site & why do you not write??)
We also have our reveries of days past.. even if there are only 1825 of them. And we plan for the huge 50th yr gala in the nursing home. I'll be 103, he'll be 104. Please! Do consider yourself invited! We'll be registered at the Walgreen's pharmacy.. no gift too small.
And there will be green jello (shots for you whipper-snappers). For use as food-fights in the great grandchild division. And simply sustenance for Dan & I.. (along w/ Ensure cocktails)

I do hope that you're all enjoying your Friday.. Cinco de Mayo & all.
Throw that sombrero on the floor & tequilla shots all around!




Comments:
Awwwww, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

i love you and Dan - you're such a great fit. :) Enjoy it all.
 
Good! we both posted about it. I'm still shaking.
 
Love on!

Everyday, just love each other.

7182 days ago my mate moved in with me. 117 days ago I lost him.

Transition or not, I miss him now.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?