--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Scrubs


As most of you know, I am a registered nurse (currently on hiatus) but nonetheless, I bear the label of a healthcare provider.
And I have to say, one thing I miss about the work-a-day world of nursing are the scrubs!
It became quite a 'contest of fashion' in my last workplace. Everybody wanted the latest styles, etc. And we were allowed $150 of 'credit' off our paychecks.. so whooppee! It was like going crazy w/ a credit card.
Scrubs allowed the nurses to express more of their own personalities, getting away from that 'ultra white' world of Florence Nightingale. I particularly loved my scrubs w/ cats all over them.
Very cool..
There's something to be said for a woman in uniform.. ;o)
Comments:
I still wear scrubs all the time at home. As hot as it is here right now it is about the only thing I can wear that is cool and comfy.
 
I think every article of clothing should be as comfortable as scrubs are. I can totally understand the obsession.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?