--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, September 04, 2006

Laborious Day

I'm working quite hard at being a slacker on this Labor Day. I have persevered to complete the following accomplishments:

1) Checked my email & others blogs.
2) Put together a ham & potato chip sandwich. (It was less time intensive than eating them separately)
3) Read the current issue of Rolling Stone magazine. Nothing to write home about there except the Fall Movie Preview, which gives you some ideas to tweak up your Netflix queue with. The movie 'For Your Consideration' is supposed to be the next 'Best in Show'.. so consider it rented.
4) Feigned interest in Dan's slaving away at tiling the bathroom floor. This is day 3 of his labor-intensive project. I'm steering clear, lest I be drafted into duty.
5) Sighed heavily at my war-zone of a house. Toilets, vanities, boxes, trash, tools, & sleeping cats lie in heaps in my bedroom. Piles of tools in kitchen. Piles of boxes in my closet (saving things for Christmas). Mountains of wood chips, sawdust, tools, bags of stinking trash, in all manner of disarray on my backporch. To the dump-dump-dump tomorrow!
6) Rested on the couch while reading 1/2 of the 'Marley & Me' book. Even cried at one section. Completely unexpected in a light-hearted book.
7) Fed the wild birds, who are being rapidly undercut by the aggressive squirrels. I try to stay out of their skirmishes, however.
8) Am now trying to entertain ideas that will protect me from feeling the onslaught of guilt for having had NO exercise this day.. too soon for cocktails?
9) Oh hell, I'll go tell Dan he's doing a 'heckuva job there Brownie!'
And that includes hoofing the 11 steps downstairs to do just that. Voila! Exercise.
10) Did I mention I have company coming next week??
Comments:
Ha! Well, if it's any consolation, I think you have a very full day! Complete with plenty of exercise!

(I usually just sit in front of the computer all day ... and the internet I pick up in my apt barely even works. So go figure.)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?