--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Here comes '07..

How come the unpacking isn't as much fun as the packing? I'm knee deep in dirty laundry, trying to de-freak the cats who were stressed at spending 10 days without their humans, while prompting the 4 mo puppies to recall what pottying on the piddle pads meant, & also starting a healthier regime for the ole bod. Is it any wonder that I haven't even found time to comb my hair today?

The let-down after vacation is palpable. Not to mention the fact that I haven't had time to come up with some nifty New Years Resolutions. No trekking Kilimanjaro.. no speaking before the UN Assembly.. no entering rehab simply because it's the chi-chi thing to do. No.. those things have been so 'done'. So I guess I'll have to go with the same ones I've salvaged from each year since '98.
1) Start a spiritual retreat.
2) Learn Italian.
3) Lose some lbs.
That about covers Mind, Body, & Spirit, right?

Maybe this will be the year..

What I'd like to see happen in '07:
1) Bush impeached & carried away in a striped uniform to the Hague.
2) Someone in office take global warming seriously. Gore can't carry this alone.
3) Pharmaceuticals get their asses sued, & judges making it stick.
4) Same thing for tobacco.
5) Same thing for insurance companies.
6) Same thing for Donald Trump & his Miss USA 'ho Tara.
7) Cindy Sheehan to run for office.
8) All the soldiers to come home NOW!
9) Gloria Steinem & Jane Fonda to become my BFF's. ;o)
10) Enlightenment.

Now, is that asking too much? Ok then, eliminate #6.. & just let Rosie take care of that jerkwad.

Happy New Years folks! It can only get better..
Comments:
Numbers 9 and 10 made me chuckle a little bit. :)

I like your resolutions! So let it be written, so let it be done!

The return home is always a shock, but I'm glad you're back. The cats weren't the only ones who missed you!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?