--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

yadda yadda

Not a whole lot going on in smallville, USA.. and I probably like that more than not.
We were expecting some snow as of last night, but it hasn't happened. Hey, I got a new pair of snowboots for Christmas, & I wanna wear them! Damn global warming, anyway.

The 'phantom floor men' are still MIA. So looks like we'll be re-doing our own floors. Thanks Century 21.. you're really astute businessmen & women. Shitheels.
All our bedrm furniture is in the living room. There's something oddly disconcerting about changing underwear in the parlor. It just jangles against my southern upbringing of doing all those risque things in the privacy of your boudoir w/ the curtains closed tight. (Yes, some Victorian penchant there too)

Run, don't walk, to your nearest bookseller & buy 'Eat, Pray, Love'.. best book I've read in a year. Oh to live that experience of 4 months in Italy, 4 months in India, 4 months in Indonesia.
Eating ones way thru Italian fare, Praying to obtain balance in an Indian ashram, & finding Love in Bali.. wowee. If I had the funds, I'd buy everyone a copy!

I've started a new exercise regime via dvd & a 'flexbar' thingie. So far, it's fun & holds my attention. We'll see if that continues over the next say.. 72 hrs. (The average lifespan of a diet & exercise plan). It's interesting to take new perspective on my ever-morphing body plane. I find I rather like the enlarged curves of my butt & thighs.. & discovering calves that I never had before. It's just the waistline, tummy & lower back that have me ticked off. So I'll work on those areas & not obsess on the total pkg. I have to forego that silliness that says I have to be a size 4 again, simply because I was 6 yrs ago. My main goal is not to outgrow my current wardrobe.

The puppies are growing so fast. I don't have enough lap to hold them both while I type now. Tessa finds it easier to curl around my feet, while Mojito takes over the lap territory. It's funny watching the morning 'feeding' circus. The cats have their bowls in one section of the kitchen, while the pups have another. But after 2 minutes, the rotation begins & everyone is sampling everyone else's bowl. Not unlike watching the roving nibblers on the cruise buffet lines.

I do hope that this is a good Tuesday for everyone. I'm going to go finish this book..
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?