--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Not to mention the cost of the flowers..

When a Bosnian man faked his own death, the joke was on him - the only person who attended the funeral was his mom.
Amir Vehabovic, 45, pulled the stunt to see how many people would show up for his last rites.
Vehabovic, who was hiding in nearby bushes during the ceremony, later sent an angry letter to 45 people he thought disrespected him by their absences.
"I paid a lot of money to get a fake death certificate and bribe undertakers to deliver an empty coffin," he wrote. "I really thought a lot more of you, my so-called friends, would turn up to pay their last respects."

~~~
Not even kudos for his long-suffering ma?
Comments:
Well, this guy still has a leg-up on me. I'm not even sure I know 45 people anymore! Ha.
 
For real.. me either. If one doesn't belong to the 'church' (where folks are obligated to attend the badgering funeral services.. complete w/ interminable alter-calls).. then there aren't many left to attend.
Which is why I will entice people to my 'Celebration Station' by way of a big ole wino-wake. Everybody byob, appetizers supplied. (That's where my floral $$ goes)
Shoot, I may even go out on a Pyre.. how cool would that be? Lit up in flames on the Tellico River.. ;o)
Bring marshmallows!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?