--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, August 16, 2007

This & That


I think I'm becoming agoraphobic.. or maybe it's just laziness.. or I can make it sound better by saying I'm appreciating my hermitage experience here in Tellico. Yeah, that's the ticket..

I had the 'well made plans of mice & men', to go into the big city today to run some errands & get my nails done. The closer it came time to getting dressed, the more I self-talked about staying home & reading a book. To heck w/ the nails, I'll slap on some clear polish & call these nubs 'pretty'. It's just not worth driving the hr to get there.. & it's 100 degrees before noon, for god's sake.


The sun-drenched skies have made for some spectacular sunsets this past week. Brilliant red.. global warming/pollution does color it up!


The pond refurb is in full swing. Digging will commence sometime next week. And the guys in the above pic will be celebrating big time. I'll keep you posted.


Hurray for Dan who is going to be the new consultant for Saks Fifth Ave in Jackson, MS for the next 2 yrs! Only has to report once a wk per mo. Sweet..
(working from home for the remaining 3 wks)


I'm packing for a wk-end trip to Athens, Ohio to see the #1 son & family. Traveling mercies!
Y'all have a good day now, you hear?
I need to spend some quality time on the couch reading..

Comments:
CONGRATS TO DAN! What wonderful news!

Have fun in OH, and have a safe trip.

Love the fishies - keep the pics coming!

Oh, and don't stress about not wanting to leave the house. My god, 100 degrees is enough reason to stay put with a tub of ice crea (I added in that last part about the ice cream because I want some right now)
 
I can empathise! Once you've tasted the country, the idea of going to any big town or city just fills me with horror. How do people cope. To me, it is the space, the air, the broad horizons - the sense of freedom.

And the clicher for me would be, if it's 100 degrees in the country, it will be 110 in the city
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?