--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The sound of liquid bliss

I had forgotten how wonderful the rain sounds on our tin red roof. But now I am blissfully reminded, as east TN gets a long sweet drink of Mother Nature's water. It's been a long dry spell, which they tell me will make for a prettier than usual fall.. nonetheless, I have sorely missed the gentle shoosh of rain on the panes.
It's a classic case of 'you don't know what you got til you lose it', because I'm sure that I've bitched about the wet weather in the past. This spring & summer of drought has been a steady reminder that we need the storms, to appreciate the rainbows at the end of them.

And so, as I sit out on the back porch w/ my pups on my lap.. I care not what Congress is cooking up for me, what Britney's skills are or aren't, or what gas prices may be leaping to.
I am just kicking back, reading a good book & enjoying the rain.
If I were brave enough, I'd take a lesson from my friend Juliepoolie, & dance out in it.
For now, I'm happy just to breathe it in, & watch it fall.

This is bliss.
Comments:
Thanks for your wonderful description of the rain. Your beautiful home is the perfect setting to enjoy a day like this. It helped take my mind off of the hectic day.

Juliepoolie's dancing partner
 
Ahhhhh, sounds like heaven. :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?