--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, December 09, 2007

We are ONE

To all my fellow card-carrying Cherokee tribal members (& you know who you are.. and aren't..)
Love & joy for the coming new year. May we all work together for the common good. May we not bicker & draw silly lines in the sand.. the way some Republicans do.. ;o)
May we realize that we are evolving as a tribe.. not stagnant, like a nasty pond.. but flowing like a mighty river.
May we be inclusive, kind-hearted, gentle w/ one another. Giving respect & honor to one another, as in the ways of John Ross, Nancy Ward, Sequoyah, Wilma Mankiller, & our principal chief, Chad Smith.

May the Christmas season fill your heart w/ understanding, peace & joy!
Comments:
It amazes me how some still continue to divide rather than unite in a country as amazing as this. Maybe it is something to think on in the coming year. So here's to you Cherokee Sage Woman and your patience with those who are still "getting it".
 
I've met very few people who do represent the kindness and love that you do, and you are always an advocate for the Cherokee and other tribes, always defending a wrong, always working towards a better tomorrow.
And you extend that to everyone, not just those of 'your kind'.
I can only hope that your example of love and kindness, tolerance and forgiveness, compassion and care was fostered by more people. You are an inspiration to me and always have been!

It's been my experience (personal in my own doing and from others), that people are hurtful when they have their own hurts, pain and fear. I will be praying for those who have this pain in their hearts. The more division there is, the less peace there is among everyone. We are all entitled to our heritage, something no one can take away from us, esp with words. I'm proud of my 1/8th on both sides, as well as my german and scotch-irish ancestory and no one can take that from me. There is room in the world and hopefully in each of our hearts to give love to each and everyone on the planet, as is our purpose in life. One that you so wonderfully exhibit and live by example.
 
Amen and Solidarity!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?