--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Political humdrums..



Now, I still believe that to be true.. but I do wish there were more of a difference between the two camps.
I wish there were someone with the cajones to say, 'This illegal war is kaput, let's bring our kids home & try to repair the damage that's been done to them'..
I wish someone weren't so afraid of the elephants, that they could propose a national health program that would actually apply to every last American.
I wish someone would throw off the cloak of timidity and declare that we truly are equal.. no matter what the sex, creed, or orientation. Marriage, taxes, death.. all equal opportunity employers.
I wish a candidate were willing to tell the truth. To reward people who DO tell the truth. And to stop those who lie.
I wish we had a person willing to stop the machine of oil lobbyists, war-mongers, & giant corporations that rape & pillage the system.
(You know who you are Halliburton, BlackWater, Exxon-Mobil, etc etc etc)
I wish, I wish, I wish..

I wish I had the hope that I held in my heart back in '92. And that this dull dread I have in my chest for our futures weren't so pervasive.
I fear I may be tipping over into the abyss of apathy..
Comments:
I honestly believe that this might be the most critical election of "my time". The world truly cannot handle more of the same.

I wish...right along with you.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?