--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, July 11, 2008

Catching up..

hey Blog People.. how's things?
It's been a busy month,up here on the mtn top.

We bought an RV.. & if we could afford the gas, we would just enjoy the hell outta that.

My sister & bro-in-law came to visit.. that was way fun.

We spent a week in Jackson, MS. Always a hot & sultry time there. Next month we'll be taking Unicoi (the RV)& staying in her for the week.

I lost a brother in law to cancer.. he is missed tremendously. Many prayers of consolation to my sister..

The Koi in the pond are ever growing. Named Eenie/Meanie/Meinie/Moe.. Knick/Knack/Patty/Whack. We are currently missing 'Whack'. I think he found a crevice that he couldn't escape from.

The feral cats are growing by leaps & bounds. Mamacat is preggers again. Sigh..
Her current kittens look about 2 months old.. how often do cats come into heat? Jeez.

We're headed to Savannah on Thursday.. can't wait! Kenny, Darla, & Dustin will also be there.
That's about it on this end. How 'bout you?
Comments:
Sorry to hear about your brother in law. I lost mine to cancer nearly six years ago. Terrible thing.

But it is good to see you pop your head in here. I think blog writing in general is way down these days, so never fear! You aren't the only one!
 
I think you're right.. alot of folks are going to MySpace & Facebook, rather than the ole blogster. But I'll keep adding a line now & again.

Don (my bro in law) fought the good fight for over 6 yrs.. a long goodbye, but we're glad that we had the extra time w/ him.
 
I'm sorry about your brother in law, too; I knew he was sick but I didn't realized he transitioned. Thoughts and prayers to you and the family.

Life with the RV (minus gas prices) sounds incredible. Here's wishing you many a wonderful, safe, and memorable trip!
 
Thank you! I'll definitely have to blog about life on the road, huh? Our trip home w/ it was interesting enough.. we get on I-75 & Dan radioes me 'Guess what? I have no speedometer!' So I had to pace him all the 1 & 1/2 hrs drive home.. thru some speed trap towns, et al.
Being in the 'cockpit' of the RV is a lot like being in the seat of a helicopter.. you see way too much for comfort..ha
So I'm sure I'll be navigating way too much to please Dan.
Luckily he has owned big boats in the past & a lot of the hooking up & emptying potties are much the same.
My sister said when she had an RV, she & her great grand dtr used to take 'pretend' trips in it.. even to sitting out in lawn chairs, pretending they were at a lake. Now those types of trips we could afford. ;o)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?