--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Rainmaker

Farken Fay. She rained on my parade for the upcoming week-end. We had planned for months to take the RV (Unicoi) on her virgin 2-man/2-dog journey to High Falls State Park outside of Atlanta, GA., for a fun-packed 4 days camping extravaganza w/ Angi & the kids. And now we sit broken-hearted, because Fay is doing fey damage to all things fun.
Yeah, we need the rain, yeah, it's a drought, yeah, the well went dry.. boo hoo. I WANNA CAMP, DAMMIT!
So now, the grandkids will have to placate themselves on a toy shopping spree at Target's. I know that will not be nearly as much fun as dunking their mom in a muddy creekbed, or fighting skunks & raccoons out of your tent at night. Or picking gravel out of the burger that fell off the grill (5 second rule).. or discovering no toilet paper in the outhouse, at the most inopportune time. Those are things that memories are made of. Not shiny new Transformers & Barbies. Poor lil kids..
I will be the grumbling old wambat sitting on the front porch watching the humidity rise & the barometer fall. I will shake my fist at the sky & possibly flip Fay off.
Who knows..
Then on Sunday we will connect Unicoi to her dinghy (please God, let the homemade towbar work!) & off we will go (hopefully w/ Toyota successfully attached) to Jackson, MS for a week of work for Dan. While we're there (a whole week of camping!) we will host a cookout for good friends Sharon & Dimitri & their kids. We had fun w/ them here, when they came to visit last week.
I'll get over my mad spell then. But for now, my parade is a washout.. & I will not go gently into that bad storm.
Farken Fay.
Comments:
Surely they have invented a virtual reality camping trip you can rent at the game store to help relieve your anxiety.
 
If they'd develop one w/ the smell of the campfire, I just might be buying that thing.
 
Oh no! I can't believe the maiden voyage has been postponed. I'll shake my fist along with you!
 
And now Fickle Fay is heading right up the path to MS! So we''re still going to be driving thru that mess on Sunday.. Traveling Mercies on us.. May angels surround Unicoi!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?